Ms. Armendáriz received her undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and her Juris Doctorate from Indiana University School of Law- Indianapolis. She studied at the Universidad Nacional de La Plata in Argentina on a Fulbright-sponsored comparative law summer program focusing on Latin American legal systems and trade law. While in law school, Ms. Armendáriz served as president of the Hispanic Law Society, as a fellow for the Indiana Council on Legal Education, and as an administrative law judge for an advanced clinic course associated with the Indiana Department of Workforce Development. She clerked for the Indiana Commission on Hispanic and Latino Affairs and the law firm Bingham, Greenebaum & Doll (formerly Bingham McHale, LLP).
Ms. Armendáriz was born in El Paso, Texas, and currently lives in Cary with her husband, Dr. Joseph Ruiz, and her two children.
BOARD MEMBERSHIPS AND LEGAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Founder, Triangle Latino Attorney Network (TLAN)
- Board of Directors, Triangle Literacy Council 2014- Present
- Founding Member, Wake County Bar Association Leadership Development Committee 2014 – Present
- Member, 10th Judicial Bar Bench/Bar Committee 2014 – Present
- Member, 10th Judicial Bar Grievance Committee 2015 – Present
- Board of Directors, Diamante, Inc. 2009 – 2011
- Admitted to North Carolina Bar 2007